Friday, October 16, 2009

Even More Thoughts on Faith and Doubt

I have just finished reading this book called “Faith and Doubt” by John Ortberg. It was pretty interesting, but I have to say I walked away from it getting something different than I originally sought. My main thought is this, in faith we need doubt because without doubt there is no faith, I also found through my own experience there is no “God proof” or certainty. I’m going to write a few posts on my thoughts on faith and doubt. I was tempted to say “last thoughts” as if I were “safe” or out of the dangers of doubt now that my faith is more secure, but one thing I’ve realized is that this faith struggle wasn’t a disease that has a beginning and end, it’s not like I “cracked the code”, it’s just another leg in the journey that brings me closer to God.

No comments: