Sunday, February 14, 2010

Too Underrated

One player on the Red Sox who I think deserves a lot more credit is J.D. Drew. A lot of people hate him; they say he is un-clutch, that he doesn’t care, that he isn’t worth the money. I think they are wrong. Drew is the only Sox player to have homered in the past three post seasons, he is very consistent, and has gotten better every year. Not only that but he has an extremely high OBP, I think he’s either second or third on the current team. While he doesn’t have a ton of RBI’s his ability to get on base, set other people up, and be a smart base runner helps the Sox out a ton. He also is a very good defender who I think would get a gold glove if only he would play defense with a little more flair. If you still disagree with me then fine, but remember with Drew you get a guaranteed average of around .280, 20+ homeruns, 60+ RBI’s and an OBP of around .380 or more. Added to that only 1 or 2 errors on the season - I think that’s a pretty good player.

No comments: