Saturday, January 1, 2011

Where Did The Time Go?

I’m not really one for sentimental reflections, but my goodness how time flies by. It seems like yesterday I was back from Mississippi writing a quick post on the old laptop in the kitchen and then God created in me a passion for reading His word and writing about it. This is my fourth year of blogging, my third full year and so far it has been a wonderful experience. Whatever it is you do I say do it for God, whether it be writing, painting, playing music, playing baseball – when you let God take the driver’s seat really cool things can happen. The theme of my college essay was how amazing it was that God could take a blog that was originally meant to last for a week as a joke and turn it into my main hobby. Hobby isn’t even the correct word, really I should use passion or focus, because that is what God has made it. I used to think I would have to be a big time preacher, or make a charity, or travel the world as a missionary to make a difference. Yet amazingly God has shown me that I can be myself, with my quirky sense of humor, love of baseball, and passion for Him to make a difference no matter how big or small it is. One thing I’ve realized is this, you don’t have to have your name in a history book to make an impact in God’s eyes, simply loving Him and living in that manner is all that is required.

4 comments:

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

Toyin O. said...

Amen, what a profound truth; God calls the foolish things of this world to confound the wise. It is all about learning to see God in the litte things.

Anonymous said...

"when you let God take the driver’s seat really cool things can happen"

AMEN! Good to see you this morning. Keep up the good work for the kingdom.

Grace and Peace,
-Art

Tay Tay said...

Thank you everyone for your kind comments.