Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Time Really Does Fly


Today marks one huge episode of dejavu (excuse the misspelling, I’m half Italian not French). Today I packed all my things into the family car and am currently sitting in a sweltering dorm room at Holy Cross. A huge change from the constant 70 degrees my house was kept at via central air. I’m not taking classes though, instead I’m teaching them to incoming freshmen. Has it already been a year? That was rhetorical, there is no need to answer. I have a “no regret policy” in life, but looking back there is just one regret. I regret letting life get away from me. Last year went by too fast, and it went by fast because I had lost my way and my relationship with God and I waited for it to end. I don’t want that to happen. I learned, the hardest way possible, that there are no do-overs in life. The bad stuff can’t get undone and our mistakes can’t be erased. But those things can be forgiven. I thought I had made a terrible mistake; I blamed myself for something I didn’t do and couldn’t control. I learned the hard way that I can’t keep looking for a way to atone for the past, instead I need to forgive and move on. Now here I sit, a year older but still very much a young man, before God. I’ve been reading Hebrews and the author (he is unknown) writes a lot about how Jesus is a High Priest. He writes that we don’t need anything else, that Jesus is all we need. How true those words really are. God is all we need, He is what fills us up. I lost sight of Him and paid the price for it.  I ended up stressed out and feeling alone despite having great friends to pick me up. I pray that I won’t lose sight of God this year. It’s easy to fall behind a few steps, especially when you are on your own. This year I will make the effort to connect to God every day, just as we need food, sleep, and air to live we also need God. C.S. Lewis wrote that he is the fuel that man runs on. No truer words (except for those in the Bible of course) have ever been written.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

T

You may feel as though you lost sight of God last year but what a blessing he never lost sight of you, he was there with you at every step, he picked you up, gave you the strength to keep going and brought you through.

love dad