Monday, June 29, 2009

Red Sox Report

I hate to say (or write) it but the Yankees are starting to worry me. Though I believe you can’t buy a win the Yankees seem to have pulled it together over the past week. The Red Sox have been playing great baseball, they’ve been on top for a while now keeping the best record in the AL. Ortiz and Wakefield have both been great so far, I am most surprised with Wakefield; he used to be a guy that could last only five innings but is consistently going deep. Beckett and Lester have been great as expected turning in quality starts after rough beginnings. I think Penny isn’t getting enough credit he’s pitched great so far or at least well enough to get wins. Then there’s Smoltz, I was playing a game the night he started but I heard after a rough first inning he settled down and pitched well so hopefully he can have a good start tomorrow. Overall the Sox have played extremely well and will hopefully continue to do so, if they keep it up they can easily win the division (I hope I didn’t jinx it!).

No comments: