Thursday, November 13, 2008

Wood Vs. Aluminum

Well I was doing some research and I saw that there is a huge debate as to whether aluminum bats are better than wood bats. Personally I think wood bats are better. I know we all love to hear a loud “ping” and see homeruns shoot over the leftfield wall, but what is the cost? First off wood bats are better because they teach strong mechanics, you can get a cheap hit off an aluminum bat but a wood bat won’t forgive you for that so it forces you to get a perfect swing. Second aluminum bats tend to create a wide sweeping swing while wood bats force you to conserve energy and have a compact swing. You will get the outside pitch all right but with a big swing you don’t have much of a chance getting the inside pitch. Third wood bats are heavier so they increase your power and bat speed. And fourth, how can you replace the classic cracking sound as the ball jumps off the bat with a hollow ping? Some people use wood bats all the time, or only in training, personally I use my wood bat for training (tee work, BP, drills) and my aluminum bat in actual games.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey T

Great post