Saturday, June 19, 2010

Miracles

It took me a while to start posting in June, but here it is. Early this week versus the Phillies a certain player stood up to bat and hit a grand slam for his first major league at bat, that player was Daniel Nava. Nava had a tough time getting to the big leagues, all his life he was told he was too small, too weak, too slow, the list goes on and on, but Nava never listened and instead took what people said about him and decided to prove them wrong. He was signed off of an amateur league by the Sox for one dollar (no kidding) to see if he would last through Spring Training, well he did. Nava didn’t let people tell him who he was and what he could do, people said he was nothing he knew he was something. I’d say that the most important player in this story is God. Philippians 4:8 says “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Nava never gave up and he never gave in, I read that he plays the electric guitar in a church band and that a recent commenter (commentator?) posted that he was very strong in his faith, so I can bet that he sought strength and persistence from God before anything else. In a story that is so perfect, so Disney, you can only point to it and say “miracle” because that is the only way to describe it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Actually Daniel plays electric guitar for the worship team. His younger brother is on drums. When I first met them, I thought Daniel was the younger brother because of his small size.

I had the honor of running the church sound system for them when I lived in CA, and was the leader of the college age bible study he was a part of. He isn't someone who only pays lip service to God, but really has depended on and believed in God's faithfulness.

His story doesn't need any disney style exaggeration because it genuinely is a miracle.

Tay Tay said...

Sorry for the error I will have to fix that, and I am honored to have someone who has met Daniel to be commenting on my blog so thank you very much, also right from the start when I heard about his story I knew he had to be a believer because only from the grace of God could someone accomplish what he did. If you get the chance please tell him that I think what he did was great and that it's a great example of what God can do through ordinary people to do extraordinary things.

Anonymous said...

T

What a great post and it is so awesome that God put it on your heart to write this post and what a blessing that Jos read it and commented. You have a wonderful ministry with this Blog and you can see how far you are spreading God’s word. I am very proud of you and blessed that you are my son.

Love Dad