Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sports Center on Tay Tay

I know that with Easter and the start of the Red Sox season last weekend and this week was like a blogger’s dream and I missed out on it, I had a very busy week and no time to write so I’ll get to my thoughts on Easter later and for now the Sox. It’s been a fast week and the Sox have a 1-3 record so that doesn’t look good. After winning an exciting rally 9-7 on opening day they quickly lost three in a row. What’s going on? First off I am not going to panic and say “Oh no! The Sox are ruined!” But I will say that they are playing as I expected they would at a worst case scenario. Last year in the playoffs the weaknesses were the offense and bullpen, the past few games the Sox have been hitting quite well, but the bullpen has faltered every game, and three out of four times has resulted in a loss. Wakefield pitched tremendously, he had the longest outing at 7 innings and recovered after two quick back to back homeruns, Ortiz hit well going the other way and Drew had a big homeruns. I don’t know about you but that should have won a ballgame. I know its early in the season but if the Red Sox want to be a competitive team then they need to hold on to a lead and close a game, they can’t let the other team blow the game open once the starting pitcher leaves, that’s how they got swept out of the playoffs last year. Added to that, until the bullpen steps it up and can be counted on they won’t win many games, the offense will not be a huge factor this year so any lead needs to be kept the whole game.

No comments: