Saturday, March 27, 2010

Always There

I had the idea for this post a long while back, but unfortunately frequent track practices have kept me from writing. I was reading Numbers chapter 11 and read about how the Israelites were complaining (again) about how they didn’t have any meat, so God gave them a ton of quail. Before He did He was talking to Moses and said “Is the Lord’s arm too short?” Numbers 11:25. God then shows just how long His arm is as He follows through in His promise to Moses. I’ve faced disappointment before, I’ve been let down, and to tell the truth it really stinks, nobody likes to set their hopes up only to be let down. God never lets us down, He never leaves us and never gives up on us, He doesn’t forget. He may step out of our lives, nothing may seem to make sense, but God never steps fully out of the picture, He is always there to lend a hand and support us in our struggles. I don’t think the Israelites fully understood that, I don’t think there are many people who fully understand that even now. I’ve heard that people often forget about God when things are good, and only turn to Him when life takes a wrong turn. I usually act the opposite; I find it is easier to praise God when things are great in my life, when I have a grasp on everything around me. But we need to remember that even in those dark times God is there, His arms are never too short, His help is never too little, and His love never runs out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you attribute the good things in your life to God, instead of the hard workings of yourself and your family?

Purely curious.

Tay Tay said...

Thank you for your honesty, and keep asking. I could attribute every good thing to myself or those around me, but I believe that goodness is a creation of God and manifests itself in us as people. It is through God's goodness and love that I love and care for those around me and do good to those around me, I don't have the strength to do everything on my own although it sometimes takes me a while to admit it.

Anonymous said...

1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the HOPE that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect."

Well done T.
Love Dad

Anonymous said...

I really like this post! I totally agree