Friday, August 26, 2011

Last Post at Home

Here I am, at my desk, waiting until tomorrow morning when I can go to Holy Cross. Aside from all the sentimental stuff (for the lack of a better word) I can write, really, are a simple prayer and one lone observation. First the observation. A lot has happened to me over the past few years. I asked God for an inch and he gave me a mile, or make that 1,000,000,000… you get the point right? While I may fail to reach the perfection demanded by a perfect God, while like Peter I may leave other second guessing (and even myself), while the devil actively does all that he can to tear me apart from my Creator I know one thing. I will never lose faith, and certainly not hope. If my faith wasn’t strong enough for the mustard seeds I would have lost in long before now. I learned a lot about faith, hope, and love. The most important thing I learned to do is hold on, when life starts whipping you back and forth, you hold on to what you have, the sincere belief in an all powerful God, and you will come out the victor. One verse I especially feel is pertinent to this post is Romans 8:38-39 “Yes, I am sure that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor ruling spirits, nothing now, nothing in the future, no powers, nothing above us, nothing below us, nor anything else in the world will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus.” Key word there, nothing, nothing can separate us from God’s love; nothing can cause God to give us up. Now for the prayer. Lord, I just want to take this time to thank you for everything that I have. Not just the “stuff” and material things, but bigger things too. Thanks for my family, my dad, and also my mom whom I never thank enough for all she does for me. Thanks for my sisters, and my dogs too. Thank you for being there when I needed you, and even when I didn’t realize my need for your presence. Thank you for getting me here, thanks for giving me faith, hope, and love, all of which I needed and still need. I don’t ask for fame or fortune in my life, no, instead I ask that over the next four years, and years to come, that I grow in my faith, become more like you, and walk in your footsteps. More than anything else Lord, of my life I want it to be said that I followed You, please give me the strength and wisdom to do so. Thank you Father for the gifts I have been given, it is my one desire to not put them to waste. In Jesus’ name Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tyler
What a wonderful prayer. I never felt happier for you and sad for mom and me at the same time than when we hugged you and said good bye yesterday. We pray that the Holy spirit blesses you with the gifts of Peace, Joy and Love at Holy Cross.
Love
Dad

mbpbooks said...

Crying again ... But so happy for you, Tyler. Your church family is with you all the way.

Anonymous said...

Tyler

I was reading Jeremiah 26:14 and thought about this post.

"as for me I am in your hands do with me whatever you think is good and right.