Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Impossible Dream

Sorry for the lack of posting, playing varsity baseball has been demanding. Wait…did I just say that? Yes, after four years of never giving up and doubting myself I finally made the team in my last chance to try out. Last year I didn’t try out, I gave up (so I thought), and instead played summer ball. This year I casually dropped in a few comments on how I “would like to try out” and that I “didn’t count on making it.” Well I guess I was wrong when I said I’d probably end up doing track for the second year in a row. To me it’s not just about baseball; it’s about the strength God gave me to keep trying and pushing forward. I have to admit I lost faith in myself along the way, I doubted (along with many) that I could make the team, but I never gave hope and didn’t stop praying for strength. The thing is, this is much more than a story about baseball. It’s a story about perseverance and strength, it’s about not giving up despite the odds being stacked against you. I may have lost faith in myself but I never gave up, and neither did God. It’s not just baseball that I can accomplish, it’s every challenge that life may throw at me. Now I truly know that “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” I’ve always said Philippians 4:13 is the verse I live by and now I only believe it more.

No comments: