Tuesday, April 21, 2009

AHHHHHH!

In my church last Sunday we talked about fear; there can be a lot on the world to be afraid of; I for example am scared of spiders, the dark, and being alone. Everyone is afraid of something, sometimes we even laugh at others for their fears but the point is at one time or another we all get scared. The Bible says something different, Psalm 23 says “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters He restores my soul. He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for You are with me, Your rod and Your staff comfort me” Psalm 23: 1-4. What a beautiful message from God, yes there are many things in the world that can scare us but one thing we must understand is that this is God’s world, and that we are in God’s hands and that there is nothing to be truly afraid of. Does this mean that we won’t get scared? Of course not, but when we do we can remind ourselves that God is with us and will comfort us in our time of need, Psalm 121: 7 says “The Lord will keep you from all harm - He will watch over your life.” Even Jesus was scared, but in the Garden before His death He called upon God for strength and help. God loves us very much and He will always be with us to give us strength and comfort us in our time of need.

1 comment:

Johnny Mac said...

Nice tay-tay. Some good further thoughts on a subject that we barely scratched the surface of.