Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Red Sox Update


Don’t look now but I’m writing a sports post. For some reason I haven’t written much on sports, maybe it’s the fact that I’m focusing more energy on God, or maybe there is less to be said. Either way I’m writing now. Anyone notice that the Yankees are one game behind the Red Sox? I don’t know about you but I for one think that it is hard to believe and cause for concern. The Yankees really aren’t that good of a team, let’s be honest outside of Texiara, Cano, Granderson, and Swisher they don’t have much of an offense. The Sox beat them all around and their pitching leaves much to be desired. So how are they only a game behind? Lester’s return couldn’t have come at a better time (I think that’s why the swapped him with Bedard in the rotation) the Sox need a good pitching staff and need to win games. This series versus the Yankees could be a defining moment in the season. They have the opportunity to sink the Yanks back into the division or fall behind for the first time in months. The Yankees aren’t going to disappear, and unless the Red Sox turn it on like they did in June and July then they will fall behind. Bedard’s success is crucial, the Sox need a 3rd started because Lackey has shown that he won’t cut it when it counts. A 1-2-3 will be needed when your 4-5 have shown an inability to be consistent and dominant. 

No comments: