Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve Post


As I sat in church this Christmas Eve I couldn’t but help think how the time has flown. It seemed like just yesterday I was five years younger and three inches shorter sitting in the same pew, yet here I am now. A lot has happened in the past few days, but if there is one thing I’ve learned in the best six years of my life (my life as a Christian) it is that God is in control. This is the God that sent His son to our earth. The God of all peoples, whether you are a carpenter, astrologers, or poor shepherds, God is here for all of us. I might not know where I am headed but I do know that God is leading me every step of the way and I thank Him for that. I’ve lost a lot, but I’ve never lost faith or hope in God, in both of those I find my strength to get through the trials of life. As I reflect this Christmas I realize that while times may be tough, I’ve never had it so good and that is because it is times like these that I find strength in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Now all the sentiments aside I have some food and cookies to munch on, so I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and safe travels.

No comments: