Monday, December 5, 2011

It's Not About Me

Late night post, I know but I was praying and couldn’t get this out of my head and didn’t want to forget. So often I worry about the future; what job will I have? Will I get married? What kind of man will I be? Where will God lead me next? Then a thought popped into my head. Nearly every decision I have made on my own has been a disaster, without God I have not accomplished very much in my life. It was God who made me a Christian, God who got me into baseball, God who had my family move to my new town, God who started my blog, God who allowed the worst pain but the greatest blessing in my life last summer, God who brought me to Holy Cross, God who pushed me to meet the friends I have, and God who made me the man I am today. Nowhere does it say “Tay Tay did this all on his own.” No, instead it was God who pushed me in the right direction. It doesn’t matter what decisions I make, because God will always lead me where He wants me to go. It’s not about me, it’s what God wants of me. I may whine and cry and say “Oh boo hoo I can’t hear God’s voice anymore.” But really, in all of those instances I heard God loud and clear. When I started my blog I had an itching in my fingers, little did I know that it would become my ministry to serve God. When I visited Holy Cross I had a feeling that it would be a nice school to go to, I had no idea what I was in for, and all the great people I have met. Sure there will be challenges and failures along the way, but that’s life isn’t it? God will lead me, if my life is not testimony enough to that statement then I better get my vision checked because it is plain to see that God has led me every step of the way and won’t stop until the day I die.

No comments: