Sunday, April 15, 2012

Something Worthwhile


As I continue reading through Acts one thing stands out to me, the early church was dangerous. Some of the Jewish leaders really hated the Christians, and so they actively persecuted and killed anyone who claimed to be a follower of Jesus. Despite all that, the disciples would not quit, they kept going out to spread the Good News. I like to think that I would do the same, but it’s easy to say that when I live on a campus where church participation is encouraged, and in a country where I am free to do whatever I want. Sure I may find myself facing people who oppose me and make fun of me, but overall I am very safe. There are many countries where it is not safe to be a Christian, where walking to church is one of the most dangerous actions you could do. Here’s the thing, if this is all you seek, then any earthly danger doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter what people think of me or what they say behind my back. Why doesn’t it matter? I love God first, and His opinion is the only thing that matters, that’s why. I live in relative comfort, people think I’m an oddball and I’m fine with that. Even if I faced many dangers I couldn’t turn my back on my faith. I love God first, I may stumble or stray but I will always strive to know my Creator more and live a life that glorifies Him. Today, try to go out and live your faith actively. Don’t be passive, let God shine out through you and whether the consequences of that be positive or negative rejoice in the fact that you lived for something that matters.

No comments: