Monday, April 23, 2012

Salt's Gotta Be Salty


One thing I’ve learned so far at college is that there are many different points of view out there. I don’t claim to be a saint at all, I am far from perfect and the day I fail to admit that I better pack up and live alone because my life will be worthless with that attitude. What I do say is that I have a very high set of standards and expectations for myself. Jesus said in the Sermon on the Mount that we must “be perfect as our Father in Heaven is perfect.” Now, we will never be perfect but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try. I try very hard to live a life as described in the Bible. God blessed me very much and has told me how He wants me to live, it is up to me to obey and love Him. There are a lot of people, who are good, but they aren’t so concerned. They live by the world’s standards. They follow what the world says regarding sex, language, partying, the list goes on and on. Failing in those things is bad, but it doesn’t make you evil. Not trying though, that’s tough to explain. For me it can be tough because very often I am on my own in my striving towards perfection in pleasing God, but Jesus called us to be set apart. What is salt worth if it loses its saltiness right? I may be an anomaly, or even a archetype that is slowly going extinct, but I do know that I try to please my God whom I love more than anything, and to me that is the only thing that matters.

No comments: