Monday, August 25, 2008

Rest for the weary

Ever felt like you just want to take a break? Ever wanted a vacation? (especially with the school work around midterms I could use one). Ever wondered where God was in your life? I’ve been there, and it’s a tough place to be. There are times when we are at a road block, where we wonder what we are supposed to do, and are frightened by the future. I’m going through lots of stuff now, and am faced with the question “what do I want to do with my life?” “Where will I go to school?” “What will I study?” The questions go on and on depending on the person, and those are just a few on my list. A while ago I used to just want to take a break from it all, chillax, but with life that isn’t possible. Luckily God is there for us. He calls us “come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon me you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble I heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” Matthew 11 28-29. Isn’t that great, when you are tired, worn out, or just feeling blue, Jesus will give you rest. You’re never alone, when you’re happy or sad, healthy or sick, God is there ready to give you rest.

2 comments:

mbpbooks said...

I love that verse. What a way to reverse the curse of sweaty work described in Genesis.

Anonymous said...

T BoneWhat a great reminder that God is always with us. Thanks for sharing.Dad