Sunday, May 9, 2010

Red Sox Updates

Here are my thoughts on the Sox, I think the best sentence to sum up the season thus far is this; the Red Sox are an average –good team playing way under their capability. I’ve found and seen that victory doesn’t always go to those who are the best, but to those who want it more. Honestly (and this sounds stupid) I don’t think the Red Sox really want to win. I think they are going out and playing, sometimes well, but they aren’t putting the effort that we Boston fans are used to seeing, the struggle that keeps you on the edge of the seat, the kind of game that is never over until the last out. I haven’t seen that, there was a glimpse of it in the Angels series, but when they played the Yankees I saw a tired, beat team that just gave up. The physical reasons (meaning not mental) are that they have 1/3 of the starting outfield, the pitching is off, and Beltre makes Lowell look better every day, but when Ellsbury and Cameron come back, the heart has to come back too. It’s said that every Red Sox game is like a playoff game, but why do they act like it is Spring Training? Aside from the Sox, my season starts soon so I’ll put my new swing to the test and write some more hitting notes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bridge Year

With the Rays and Yankees ahead of us as Yogi Berra said "It is getting late early this year"