Wednesday, August 12, 2009

He Knows Us

Sorry for the huge block of scripture but I felt I couldn’t convey exactly what I wanted to say without it, so basically either the huge chunk or I write a post with verses every sentence. This Psalm really struck me when I read it and it really shows how much God loves us. I mean, try thinking the verses over, how God knows all our thoughts, how we are “fearfully and wonderfully made” that just knocks me over. I was thinking yesterday how God’s creation is amazing; something so commonplace as a sunset is really extremely complex. I remember that when I family would take a vacation on the Cape I would walk down to the beach to watch the sunset, what amazes me is how different each one was, the mix and blend of colors, everything just shocked me. Also how God made people, think throughout history there is only one you, and there is only one me, it’s amazing how unique God made us, and how He has a plan for us. The Psalm also says that we can’t go anywhere to get away from God; He’s always by our side, even though I am going through struggle with my faith I still know this is a truth. One thing I don’t think I ever wrote about is how well God knows us, He made us and loves us but He also knows us, when we are unsure about what to do with our lives He knows exactly what will happen, I think it’s such a cool thing to think about. Verse 23 says “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.” Lately I’ve been praying “God help me love you more than anything else, even though I love this stuff help me love you more” God should be first in our lives, it’s easy to love the things of the world; athletics, people, money, fame… but when we step back God is more fulfilling than any of those things because He knows us and formed us. I really love the word “knit” it’s not like God slapped us together on an assembly line and packaged us up, He knit us, He carefully chose how to go about making us and then with great agility created each of us. Those were just some of my thoughts about Psalm 139: 1-16.

1 comment:

Adam Toth said...

I like this post cause the thing I've been struggling with lately is the idea of surrendering myself to God, and liking the idea of having my life planned out. I've found out that I'm very prideful when It comes to God. Anywho, thanks for the post on my blog man, I liked the insight. What you said is kinda what I said in the blog before part two so hearing that from someone els was cool. God bless.