Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanks

I missed Thanksgiving by a few days, but here are my thoughts on the past week. You can’t go through Thanksgiving without being asked what you are thankful for, but instead of saying the usual list “my home, family, health…” I’m really thinking about it. In light of reading Ecclesiastes, I’ve realized that in the end all we have comes from God, in fact, if it weren’t for God I wouldn’t even be here typing this. Everything I have, and even the intangible gifts like joy, strength, and perseverance come from God. And with the oncoming Christmas season I cannot help but think of the greatest gift of all, Jesus our Savior. To think that I, who constantly fall short of God’s standards, am saved by His grace and love – it’s amazing. So what am I thankful for? Well, of course I am thankful for my family and friends, for the comforts I have in my life, but my praise goes to God who gives this things to me and more despite the fact that I do not deserve them.

No comments: