Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I've Got Good News and Bad News

There are few things that I really dislike and here is one of them, bad news. I hate it when I’m having a good day and I get a piece of bad news, it just deflates everything, it turns a great day into a bad day or at best and okay day. I was reading from the Psalms the other day and came across Psalm 112. The thing I love about the Psalms, which will have to be another blog post, is that they are honest, they are quiet reflections and prayers of those who wrote them. Some are bitter, some are resentful, some are joyful, and others paint a picture of what being close to God looks like. Psalm 112 is a promise of God’s faithfulness to the righteous and a reminder that He is always there. One verse that struck me was verse 6-7, “Surely he will never be shaken; a righteous man will be remembered forever. He will have no fear of bad news his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.” We get all kinds of news in our lives, whether it is from the papers, the internet, or from friends, some can be good but to me it seems that a lot of the news we get is bad. Turn on the T.V. and almost always there is some disaster happening somewhere. But here is the thing, we don’t need to be afraid, we don’t need to worry because if something goes wrong God is there and we need to trust in Him to help. Things go wrong in life, the world is not a perfect place, but we don’t need to worry because when we trust in God our security is in Him and not in this world. I don’t like bad news, but really there isn’t much reason to be afraid of it because I know that ultimately God is in control and that nothing happens that He doesn’t see.

2 comments:

ned said...

I love Psalm 112. Its one I memorized in college.

Tay Tay said...

Psalm 112 is great, my favorite though is 119 a bit hard to memorize fully though.