Thursday, February 16, 2012

Get Connected


So this post is a bit late (more like a week), but I’ve had a busy week (as is always the case sat Holy Cross). A couple weeks ago my phone died on me. I lost the battery on a weekend away with my mock trial team on a tournament and I had no way of charging it. Within a few days the battery had been used up and I was without communication. It was pretty bad, it could have been worse but still, a college student without a phone is like…. Well a college student without a phone. I had very little way of communicating with my friends and was out of the loop so-to-speak. Fortunately my phone arrived in 5 agonizing days (it wasn’t that bad), and just as luckily I learned a great deal from losing my phone. For one, I learned that communication is key and that to foster said communication you’ve got to be connected. After realizing that I learned that it pertains a lot to our relationship with God. In order to have a relationship with God we’ve got to communicate with Him on a regular basis. That means reading the Bible, praying, going to church, and having a community of believers to fall back on. Without those things our relationship with God will fizzle out. Think about it this way, with friendships in order to grow close to someone you have to spend time with them and communicate. Otherwise you won’t be friends for very long. The best friendships are built on good communication; it is the same with our relationship with God. Look at the example of Jesus, I can’t count how many times in the Bible it said that He would go off to pray, because He knew that spending time with God was important. Instead of letting that broken connection stand, set time aside for God every day to foster that relationship and encourage growth. It’s not about finding time, it’s about making time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen T,,
Exactly what I needed to hear tonight.
Thank you
Love Dad