Saturday, November 10, 2012

Hold On


I realized that I have not written in a while, and am shocked by the fact that I have yet to write in November. It’s not that I have not been thinking much, rather that I have been thinking a lot but am not sure exactly about what. It seems that time goes so quickly here that I find myself taking bounds through the weeks with little time for reflection. Well with my work out of the way, I find myself in a reflective mood late on a rather quiet Friday night. For now, all I can seem to think about is that no matter what we do in life, we will always be put in uncomfortable or unfamiliar situations. Though I turn in every direction in search of something familiar I find myself faced with foreign faces and situations. I suppose that comes with the territory in living on your own and trying to settle in. That said, I’m in a period of my life where I truly need to rely on God and trust in His goodness and love. It is very tough to settle in where you can’t exactly find a place to settle. Those are times where we must rely on God, because though the ground underneath our feet is unstable He is a rock for us to hold on to. Hebrews 10:23 says “let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess for He who promised us is faithful.” Note, it says hold to the hope we profess. Not let us hold to our grades, athletic achievements, or abilities. We are to rely solely on God—and He always comes through. If there is one thing you can take away from this, I guess it’s that no matter what life throws at you just hold on and stick through it. In my playing days (which I fear are coming to an end) I had to prepare for anything in my at-bats. The pitcher could drop a curve or a changeup and if I could not react I would walk away shaking my head in frustration. In some ways life is like that: we have to be able to adapt and rely on God’s strength to get us through the tough times, because He is always there and willing to help.

No comments: