Monday, March 4, 2013

Nowhere to Go but Up


Yesterday I wrote that I was “awaiting orders” from God. Now I sit with my collection of C.S. Lewis books and a cup of tea at the ready. I don’t know where I will go, but I have a feeling that diving into C.S. Lewis and revisiting some of what shaped my early faith is a good start.

It’s amazing, I feel as though I’ve woken up from a deep sleep (perhaps a nightmare is the best way to put it) and now that I’m awake and rejuvenated it is time to walk. This week off could not have come at a better time, I’ll get a chance to cook, prepare for the baseball season, and just sit and reflect which is something I never get to do much of at school. I pray that God continues to lead me and show me the way before my feet. I have trusted in Him this far and will continue throughout my life.

It’s exciting and frightening and empowering and… how can I put it to words other than I feel that the ground beneath my feet is once again firm and that I once again have found faith, hope, and love. Stay tuned for more as I continue through the Old Testament and of course the many musings I will have on C.S. Lewis. 

No comments: