Sunday, May 24, 2009

I Got Confirmed!

Well now that I’ve had a week to think (or to translate: I’ve been too lazy/had no tome to write) about my confirmation and here are my thoughts. Some people view confirmation as a sort of graduation, some people see it as one of many stepping stones, and the popular belief in my school is that it means you don’t have to go to church anymore (please don’t do this). I see confirmation more as a confirming of our faith, friendship, and loyalty to God and the beginning of a relationship with Him. When I graduate from school it’s over, the next day will be summer and I will be done I can wash my hands of schoolwork. When I got confirmed it started, the next day was a new adventure in the next step in my relationship with God. Does it mean I will be perfect? No, I am sad to say I sinned this week. Does it mean I have no doubts? No there are still questions I have. What it means is that I am saying that I believe in the Bible, am committed to living a godly life, and am a member of my Church. Some people don’t get confirmed and that’s okay, but I stress the importance of spending time to grow closer to God and taking steps towards Him. Also I will post the speech I made; it’s pretty long so I might post the first page and then the second.

No comments: