Thursday, May 7, 2009

Manny never was being Manny

I just have to say that I have a hard time both believing and comprehending what I just found out. Manny Ramirez tested positive for steroid use. I hope his testimony is true, I hope that all I’m hearing is a lie because what’s going on now is a nightmare for baseball. So many players have taken steroids, Bonds, Clemens, Giambi, A-Rod, Varitek, Ortiz (I think), Garciaparra… the list goes on and on. And then there was Manny, as much as we Boston fans hated him I looked up to him and tried to emulate my hitting style off of his. I copied his calm composure in the box, his smooth swing; I remarked to my dad that it’s good for baseball to have a natural player, to get a hall of famer who did it the right way for once. I officially hate steroids and the people who make/deal them. There is a natural way to get good numbers on the board look at Ted Williams, Hank Aaron, Babe Ruth, Joe Jackson; notice that all these players are way beyond my time. I guess no one works hard enough anymore, but I’ll say this, it is possible. It is possible to set goals and reach them, it just takes determination and 120% effort.

No comments: