Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Do You Feel Joy?

My youth leader once asked my dad at one of my baseball games if baseball brought me joy. Then and now I don’t know. When God makes us and puts us on this earth He was one (or two) things in mind, for us to learn about Him and love Him, and then for us to discover the gifts He gave us and uses them for His glory. God gifts us each individual gifts, some people are good singers (I am not one of them) some are great at drawing; the list goes on and on. The thing is that by doing these things that we are gifted at, we find joy, we find the satisfaction in doing what we are meant to do. As for me I don’t know what I want to do, I like writing about God (I guess that one was a big surprise) that brings me joy, I like playing baseball, that is on and off at times. On the “life is good” shirts there is a tag that says “do what you like, like what you do” that is the point I am trying to make. God gives us gifts, we need to find out what they are, and we find joy in that, if you are doing something with your life that you hate then STOP! I guess the big question we need to ask ourselves is “Am I finding joy in this, or am I just doing this for the sake of doing it?” I’ve been doing a lot of thinking, mainly about who I am, and who I am as a baseball player, and if I find joy in what I do, I guess this is just a long thought-turned-post I had. All I know is that I hope that god reveals to me and everyone else I know what He made us to do.

No comments: