Monday, May 11, 2009

It's Possible

I wrote a post earlier “We Need a Wall” and now I would like to continue/elaborate/explain… my thoughts, and comment on a comment. A (commenter, commentator,?) said that walls, like physical ones tend to separate people and can make Pharisees out of us, that is true, but not the walls I was talking about. The walls I am talking about are physical steps to avoid sin, and that leads me to my next topic. I finished Nehemiah, and one thing that sticks out to me is how the Israelites are really unfaithful to God, often I think, ‘geez, you’d think that if God was so involved in day-to-day life, and spoke all the time, that the Israelites would stick closer to Him.” Well I then thought, ‘do I?’ and the sad answer is, no. Yes I am a Christian and I really do believe in and love God but the honest truth is that I am imperfect and selfishly act on my own impulses, some people might be tsk, tsking me but my next question is, do we? It’s easy to accept the forgiveness God offers, it’s easy to accept the sacrifice Jesus made, but it’s hard to do it ourselves. This is one of the more difficult parts of life, that we must turn from sin and change our lives. When Jesus entered my life He changed some stuff, but I still had to make the decision to live a better life. It’s not easy, but it’s possible and God helps us. 1 Corinthians 10:13 says that God will help us, we are not alone in this. Am I saying that we are to be perfect? No, because we never will be, I am saying that it is a bad habit to make it an excuse. I also want to say this, repentance can take a while, but God will never give up on us, and never stop forgiving and loving us.

No comments: