Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Red Sox Report

Finally the Sox get a win, that’s the first game in a while that I watched beginning to end (well I had to leave in the 9th because I was tired). Anyway hopefully the bats will continue to break out, even though they should have scored way more than 6 runs, I am still happy with a win. Penny seemed very strong last night, 6 innings giving up 3 runs (which would have been lower if Drew got in front of the ball). I think that Bay is coming out of his slump; he hit a homerun against the Rays last week and starts the series with a bomb into the Green Monster. Hopefully he can continue this trend and boost his average back to around .280 and get 30 homeruns on the year. Drew has been really good at the plate, he’s the only hitter that I can safely say is doing well, he was great at the plate against the Yankees and continued last night. So now we’ve got the rookie Tazawa on the mound, I hope he’ll do well but I don’t know. The Sox do have a good development system but I’m worried it might be too early, who knows he might surprise us and be great. The Yankees lost last night to the Jays giving them a lead of 5.5 games (still a lot) ahead of the Sox, while winning the division is now out of the question for the Red Sox I think they can manage winning the Wild Card.

No comments: