Thursday, September 17, 2009

GO RED SOX

I extended the poll, so please vote! It is an extremely exciting season that (for Sox fans) is taking a turn for the better. The Sox currently have a 7 game winning streak and are behind the Yankees by 6 ½ and ahead of the Rangers by 6 ½. Dice-K came back and was good, as hoped. Beckett has turned around. Lester has been dominant since May. Clay has also been really good. It looks like the playoffs are imminent. One thing I have neglected to talk about is the addition of Gonzalez; my main thought is KEEP HIM! They haven’t had a short stop like him since, well, he played in 2006. It was a great move to get him and he hits well and is great at fielding, ever since he came to the Red Sox he has started every game (except a few) and has contributed in big ways. Also Ortiz, currently he has 24 homeruns (remember the poll in April?) and is hitting pretty well. I’ll predict anything above 25 for him, which will be good considering his slump and the steroid controversy. Overall it has been a good season and while it is not over yet I have to say I am not looking forward to a long baseball-less winter,

No comments: