Sunday, September 27, 2009

I can't Believe he Missed Him!

I’ve been thinking about this post all week, it’s about a passage that I always read and never thought much, well of course I thought about it but not in this way. One thing that has always amazed me is that the Bible is never the same the second time around, I mean when I read a book more than once of course I may notice something new, but not in the same way as in the Bible, which shows us that it truly is God’s living word. Anyway back to my post; the verse is John 18: 38 “What is truth?” This is a question posed by Pilate to Jesus when Jesus says in verse 37 “Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.” What really gets me though is Pilate, I mean in the presence of Jesus, God’s Son, all he can manage is “What is truth” I mean I want to get up in his face and say “Hey! Pilate, dude the truth is right in front of you!” For a moment in time Pilate is in the presence of God and he is unaffected; some people were overjoyed by Jesus and others were angry, but to Pilate this was just another case. This happens to us, we miss Jesus in our lives. In our trials we lose sight of God and forget that He is in charge. In our daily lives we miss the small blessings all around us. One thing I’ve been doing every night is praying to God and saying one thing I am thankful for, whether it be a hit I got in a game, or simply that I have a family that loves me. The point is I don’t want to miss Jesus and take things for granted, because every good thing is a gift from God. Pilate was in the direct presence of God and the only thing that amazed him was His silence; let us not miss the silent blessings around us in our lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

T

Your blog, and your ability to capture and communicate your perspective on God's word is one of the many blessings in my life and to all those who read this.
Sometimes I cant believe that I go about taking care of the stuff in my life and I miss this blessing.

Love
Dad