Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Always There

I was reading my Bible yesterday I came across a verse in 2 Peter in chapter 3, it is verse 9, and “The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to repent.” I was shocked by that verse, in a good way. Often times when I sin I feel really, really, bad; of course I should feel guilty about sinning, but one thing I forget is the amazing power of grace. Sometimes I fear that God might leave me, it’s foolish I know, but after my “faith crisis” that fear still persists in my heart. It takes me back to that scene in Jurassic Park where the little girl crises to Dr. Grant asking him not to leave because the wimpy lawyer guy left earlier. I know it’s not the best analogy, but it’s still true. There are times in life when we lose people, or people just plain leave for some reason, but God is there no matter how we act. Now, this is not a license to sin, repaying pure and honest love with abuse and evil is cruel, even crueler than the actual sin itself. What it does mean though, is that we need not worry, while God is a judge He is not out to get us, in contrast He is up there “rooting” for us so that we may come back to Him and repent.

No comments: