Saturday, December 19, 2009

Super Cool

I’m not much for the whole “proof for God” thing, I see faith as a gift from God that must be used and overcome our doubts, but I recently learned some really cool stuff in physics about the universe. Basically the universe we live in is extremely complicated, so complicated in fact that even the smartest scientists out there cannot fully explain every detail. The mere shape of the universe is complicated, gravity, space-time, light, all that, it would take years of reading and diagrams and learning to absorb it all. Also the universe is so vast and massive, to think we are but one galaxy in an infinitely growing expanse that has been doing so since its creation, it’s mind boggling and really cool when you sit down and think about it. I’m not going to give a lesson in astronomy (besides I know nothing about it), but I will say that our world, not just outer space but down here on earth is so complicated that it is physically impossible to be created at random. The laws of physics and math and even philosophy are just too complex to have been made out of thin air by nothing. If I threw a bunch of scrabble letters out on to the floor, I would hardly produce a coherent sentence, let alone a single word! But if I sit down at a computer (like I am now) and fit letters together to not only write paragraphs but also a piece of writing with meaning and logical progressions! I just think it’s so cool how God made our universe, and to think that He knows all about it, all those complex ideas that we haven’t an inkling about God designed, how cool is that? Anyway, those are just some thoughts of mine after my physics class.

No comments: