Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Where am I going?

Well I know I’ve said this before, but I’m hung up on the thought of God doing impossible things that no one expects with His people. Mainly I’m hung up because it’s been happening to me for the past few months, and why shouldn’t I be hung up on it? It’s cool! Recently at a church lunch I spoke in front of a large group of people about the mission trip I went on. I did not see that coming. I also helped teach a small Sunday school class, and was asked to help again, I didn’t see that coming. Four years ago when I was so far from God, not even knowing if my life mattered, I did not see where God would take me, and how He would use me. I thought I was a screw up, a “sinner”, too far away, to “bad” for God to love and use, but I’m glad I was wrong. No one is too far from God; no one is a “screw up”. Yes we sin and are fallen, I would never deny the fact that I do sin, and that sin is wrong. But God still loves us and desires to use us. If we turn to God, if we stop going down the path of sin, and turn back to righteousness, God will use us, and use us to do really cool things for Him. Two months ago I thought I had life figured out, I thought I knew what I wanted to do with my life, what to major in, in college, but now I don’t have a clue, and that is because God is going to take me there. Pride is what keeps us out of God’s hands. It’s kind of like in the previous post, pride kept the Pharisees from Jesus; they thought they were “good”, and therefore too good for God. Don’t think that. Humble yourselves before God, and hold on, because He’ll take you on a wild ride, but He’ll be there with you every step of the way. God can use us, but we’ve got to let Him to.

No comments: