Tuesday, August 12, 2008

He loved and He served

I was reading John chapter 13 today and found something interesting. The first verse is just before Jesus is about to wash his disciples feet, and it says He is showing the extent of His love to them. I found it interesting because of how it applies to today. We as Christians sometimes feel like we must talk about the gospel, we feel that we need to tell people about it. But really if we are to follow Jesus's example we must live it. If you are a christian reading this think about how you became a christian, was it because someone told or showed you. I remember I was drawn to Christianity because the love I was shown, not told about. Think about it this way, if you were hungry would you want your friend to talk about a sandwich or give you a sandwich? If you truly want to spread the word of God to a friend, then live it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

T Bone

What an awesome and spiritually mature observation. It is such a blessing that God has given you this forum to witness. I love to read your blogs

Anonymous said...

I agree

Tracy Johnson said...

Preach it Brother!