Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

Well it’s finally Christmas Eve and almost 2009 (hopefully a better year for the Red Sox, but since the Yankees have got Teixeira who knows). Books have been published and sermons have been given about the night Jesus was born, and in the few posts I’ve written is barely a glimpse of what happened. Christmas is a time when we not only get presents or spend time with family but when we reflect. I’ve been spending a lot of time lately thinking about the year, how I pleased God and also how I disappointed Him. As I said before there’s good news and bad news for us all and I know one thing for certain, there is one gift I will enjoy receiving tomorrow and that is the life that Jesus gives. When Jesus came down here He didn’t just create a new holiday, He did the amazing, the light of God entering our dark world. The thought is so simple, at the creation when Adam and Eve sinned God knew what had to happen and thousands of years later just when the devil thought he’d won God stepped out. There are dozens of ways to phrase this simple sentence but I think the only thing to say to God for what He did is this: Thanks. It is my hope that when we all wake up we can say ‘Thanks’ to God and remember that although we get nice gifts from our family and friends the best gift of all is from our savior Jesus. Also, Merry Christmas.

No comments: