Monday, December 8, 2008

She Listened

One thing always makes me think is Mary. She isn’t mentioned very often in the Bible but there is a key point we can get from her story, she trusted God. Imagine that you are a young girl around fourteen years old (yes she was that young) and you were walking along and you saw an Angel ahead who said you will “give birth to a son… and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end” Luke 1: 31-33. Sometimes we skip over this passage to get on to the “good stuff,” the exciting passages but imagine if that happened to you or someone you know. How would you react? If a friend of mine told me that I’m not sure what I’d think, and neither was Mary; in Luke 1: 29 we are told Mary was greatly troubled, and throughout the conversation she still had doubts but it ended with Luke 1: 38 when she said “’I am the Lord’s servant.’” When God called Mary she was at first troubled she didn’t know what was going on but she set her fears and doubts aside and accepted God’s plans for her. God has a plan for all of us, there may people who think their forgotten by God or to ordinary or boring but God can proves them wrong, He has a plan for everyone. Mary was going to have an uneventful day and God stepped in to make it extraordinary. God can do great things in our lives, amazing things we wouldn’t believe. If someone told me five years ago that I’d be here right now I might not believe them but God proved me wrong. He can do things in our lives but we need to let Him.

No comments: