Friday, April 24, 2009

Random Event of the Day

Well, time for the random/funny event of the day (because this is supposed to be a random blog). So here’s what happened, I was out to lunch with my family in Cape Cod; we were going to go to the “original seafood company” but instead we went to the “Chatham Squire” (which was a story in itself). Anyway when we were finished I went outside to wait for my family there was a bench by the restaurant so I sat down. I was sitting looking around thinking absentmindedly how it was too cold to wear shorts when some kid dressed in a skater outfit and his girlfriend walked by. They were looking at me and whispering as they walked past me and then as they were about a stone’s throw away the kid comes back. Now I was just sitting there and I saw him talking to his girlfriend and he started walking toward me, I was getting nervous and I thought “Oh no, here’s trouble” cause he kind of looked like a punk, but guess what happens instead. The kid comes up to me and says “Um, excuse me… can you get me a pack of cigarettes?” I was shocked so I just said “Um…no sorry.” Imagine that, this kid is probably 17 or something and he is coming to me, and the funny thing is he is clearly older than me! I won’t say my age but I can say that I’m pretty sure I can’t legally buy, well anything. Anyway I got a good laugh out of that, I don’t know what it is I guess I look old.

No comments: