Saturday, April 4, 2009

Praise the Lord

My dad and I were taking the other day about something he heard in his men’s Bible study. One of the group members brought up a point about spirituality among Christians. Before I became I Christian, like many people I was told that if I accepted Jesus as my Lord and savior I would be saved and could go to Heaven. It’s easy to accept Jesus as a savior, whenever we sin we can go to Him and start over that’s a relatively easy message to convey. But when does Jesus become Lord? A lord is a boss, king, a guy in charge; you can fill in any term you prefer. Seriously though it’s easy to call Jesus a savior but what does Lord mean? Jesus becomes Lord when we wake up in the morning and decided to live for Him, when Jesus become Lord He is like the boss of our lives He is the basis for our decisions. Which choice would someone with the Lord Jesus pick? You’re at a store and the cashier mistakenly gives you a $10 bill instead of a $5, 1) tell the cashier that they made a mistake, 2) keep it, serves em’ right for messing up. Jesus becomes Lord and Savior when it is no longer enough to just believe, when we feel compelled to go out into the world and live out our faith. I’ve been duped for quite a while into thinking I could get by with the Savior Jesus, the one that doesn’t intrude into my sinful lifestyle but unfortunately it doesn’t work that way. It’s like the post I wrote “Lose my Life?!” following Jesus is not free, there is a price tag when we take the step from believing to following but like I also said the cost is great but the reward is greater.

No comments: