Friday, April 10, 2009

Moons and Mirrors

I was about to go to bed last night and I couldn’t help but notice the bright full moon shinning through my window. My bedroom windows face the east, so I always get a front row view of the moon and rising sun. But it made me think about our life in Christ. I wrote a post about Good Friday and how Jesus brought us new life but that raises the question what do we do with our new life? As I lay in bed the bright moon’s light flooded my dark room, it was so bright I could have sat up and read a book (as much fun as this sounds it’s not, I couldn’t get to sleep!) but this made me think. The moon doesn’t shine its light on its own, the sun reflects light off of it (think giant mirror). I know it’s a weird analogy but it is similar to our life in Christ. When we truly know that God loves us and take the steps to live it out that love of God reflects off of us like the moon. Ephesians 4:8 says “live as children of light” and Jesus tells us to “let our light shine before men” Matthew 5:16. In the darkness of the world we must take the love and grace God showed us and shine it, reflect it, we must live our faith out so much that we light our surroundings up. Maybe you’re the friendly coworker who helps out the new guy or perhaps you’re the veteran on the team who gives some pointers to the young rookie. I say this, I say next week we take the grace Jesus showed us through His death and resurrection and reflect it to those around us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

T

You have an amazing relationship with God, and you are so blessed that the Holy Spirit is in your heart and moves you to refect upon the gospel and create and share such awesome observations. Mom and I always enjoy reading them and when we wake up in the AM and read one of your post they are such a treat for us.

Love Mom and Dad

PS: The reason for the full moon is that based upon the church calendar we celebrate Easter on the 1st sunday after the first full moon, after the 1st day of spring, which is why easter is not at the same time every year.

Anonymous said...

Tay Tay, Your Dad and I are friends and business aquaintences. I just lost my wife and love of my life to a battle with breast cancer. Your Dad supported a walk we did to help cure cancer at a level that took me by surprise. Now I must say I am doubly surprised. You see we dont know each other that well. We have only met a few times. For him to share his money for me and now share his son with me is somewhat overwhelming IN A VERY POSITIVE WAY. What i didn't know until now is I do know your father very well. It is the bond we share through our lord Jesus Christ. My wife Debbie was a strong christian woman. She taught me how to live, How to love and how to die with grace and dignity. She did all this through that light you refer to reflecting Gods love. God bless you. Dave O.D.