Sunday, January 24, 2010

He's Got the Whole World in His Hands!

I’ve recently started reading the Bible from the beginning, I just finished Revelations and I have a few things to say (or write about that), but now I want to write about what I just read in Genesis. One verse that really struck me (I say that phrase too much, how about one verse that really spoke to me), was Genesis 1:1, “In the beginning God created the Heavens and the earth.” Now, that is a real no-brainer, I mean of course God created the world, but what I think is surprising is how often we forget that simple yet profound fact. Too often we debate over HOW the earth was made, and not WHY the earth was made. A big debate that I’m sure is very widespread in older generations but so much more notorious in people my age is the whole evolution debate. Here is what I have to say, I don’t know what to say. There I said it (or wrote it), the point is it doesn’t really matter how God made the world; the simple fact is that He did. And how amazing that is! That God decided to invest His time, in some way, to make us and love us beyond our imaginations. I believe that we are personally crafted by a loving God, He really does have the “whole world in His hands”. To me it doesn’t, no, it shouldn’t matter how God made the world, if it did it would be in the Bible. I’m posting a picture, or two pictures, one of a lump of clay and the other of two dogs I made, the clay didn’t randomly form itself, a creator gripped the clay and formed it with the strength of his hands; but wouldn’t it be silly to focus more on how the dogs came to be than to simply appreciate their beauty?

No comments: