Saturday, December 4, 2010

Hot Stove Heats Up

I know I wrote a lot about the Red Sox and my frustrations, and I still stand by what I said about John Henery, but today I think we can all relax a bit. The Boston Globe beat writers were busy today covering the upcoming deal with the Padres to send Adrian Gonzalez to Boston. Gonzalez is 28 years old and a two time gold glove winner at first base. He has also been an All Star for the past few years. The trade would move Youk to third base and end talks with Adrian Beltre. While this is a great move, the Red Sox need a lot of help, after losing Beltre and Martinez they need bats to replace them. They also really need bullpen help for the 2011 season, last year was lost, not because of injuries or a bad team, but because of a terrible bullpen. The Sox bullpen could not hold onto a lead and even an 8 run lead was not safe (remember the game versus the Rangers?). That aside this is a good start but it is far from over, Theo didn’t have to give much (considering Gonzalez’s talent) but will have to make greater sacrifices in the future. Also, to clarify what I wrote earlier about John Henery. John Henery is the Red Sox owner, what I meant in my post is that because it is clear he only cares about making more money that he does not put the Red Sox first which he should. Tom Yawkey, a former Red Sox owner, loved the Sox more than anything, he would spend time with the players and fans, and he did everything he could to make the Sox great and wanted them to win more than anything else in the world. John Henery does not act in this manner which I find frustrating. If you are the owner of a team you should not be meddling with amateur car racing and English soccer clubs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the hot stove boiled over today

Way to go Sox on Crawford

Tay Tay said...

Oh Yeah! You can say that again.