Sunday, December 19, 2010

Always There

Well there is one week until Christmas; it seems that it really snuck up on me this year. I suppose time goes by faster each year you get older. I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about the gifts and blessings in my life and I’ve come to a conclusion. God will always come through, but He’ll do it in a way I do not always expect Him to. Christmas presents us a great irony, the brightest moment in history (you could argue Easter Sunday as brighter) we celebrate at the darkest time of year. While Jesus may have actually been born in the spring it was still a dark time then, with Roman occupation of Israel and King Herod in charge it was not a fun time. Yet at the same time here God is, revealing Himself after a 500 year silence, coming through completely unexpectedly. Imagine Mary’s surprise when she heard from the Angel she would give birth to God’s sun, and even more Joseph’s! I try to never forget that God always comes through and all He has blessed me with in my life. There are times when things are bad, I doubt my faith, friends, and myself. Yet at the same time God is working behind the scenes, so to speak, ready to make an entrance just when I need Him most and expect Him the least.

No comments: