Friday, December 31, 2010

Year in Review

Well 2010 is almost over as the clock ticks down to 2011. To say this was an interesting or eventful year would be an understatement. I think it is safe to say that 2010 was one of those years that are so full of action, good and bad, that it just zips by. It seems like it was just yesterday that I was writing a post about 2009. Yet at the same time 2009 feels like a long time ago. I was looking at my “New Year’s Prayer” from last year and it is interesting how God challenged it a bit. He didn’t challenge it in a sense that He didn’t answer it or that He ignored it, but He answered it in the way I didn’t expect but was necessary. I prayed that I would grow closer to God and walk the narrow road, and I guess I didn’t know what I was getting into. Little did I know 2010 would be a year of challenge and joy, joy coming from the victory over the challenge and finding that with God’s help I can overcome anything. As I spend a quiet evening with family and friends cooking arancini (recipe and pictures to follow) I can’t help but think of the path God gave me to get here. I know it is not over, this is only the beginning, but when you pray a simple prayer asking to grow closer to God expect an answer and a journey. While it was a tough year, it was a year that made me stronger in my faith and just what I needed to get back on track.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Covnitkepr1 said...

I have added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower also.