Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Bridges, Decisions, and Whatnot


You know, I think the scariest time in anyone’s life is when they take a good long look at themselves and realize that they aren’t a kid anymore. I used to joke that I’d never change, that I’d be fifty and still be the same old Tay Tay, still love baseball, still use bad grammar, and still make the same bad jokes. I’ve realized something though, I’m not the same as I was a month ago, but that doesn’t mean I’m not me. Lately, I think, I’ve matured a bit. I’ve come to realize that actions have consequences, that there are more important things in life to care about, and that ultimately I need to make the right decisions because they won’t be made for me. It’s scary; it’s frightening to think that the decisions I make now could affect me years later. I made a decision to go to Holy Cross, that will affect what friends I make, what job I get out of college, and who I marry. Now, I’m making a decision about whether to join NROTC, or Navy Reserve Officer Training Corps. It’s a big decision, it will affect me, but you know what I needn’t be afraid. God was with me my whole life and will be with me wherever I go. If it works out it is God’s plan, if it doesn’t then it just wasn’t for me. At times like these, when you’re staring at the edge of a big river to cross, you gotta trust God to show you where the right bridge is. (sorry for the cliché).

No comments: