Tuesday, November 8, 2011

We Just Have to Keep on Going Forward

Ever feel tired? Not long day tired, not “five hour energy tired,” I mean days, weeks, or even months of stress building up tired. Well I’ve hit that wall. While I haven’t given up on hope (I tell everyone I never will) I have lost strength, or at least a sense of direction. ‘Where do you want me to go with this God?’ I’ve asked this many times in the past two weeks. Well, I’ve come to a conclusion, it doesn’t matter whether we know where we are going, if we listen to God we will surely get there. It may take our energy away, we may have to crawl, but if we listen to what God commands we will reach the goal He has set for us. Paul writes in 1 Corinthians about running a race and in verse 26 he says “I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air.” Later on in 2 Corinthians 4 he writes “we are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.” Yeah life gets hard; yeah things can go terribly wrong. But the thing we can never forget is that God is in charge and that everything happens for a reason. The people that come into the world and the people that die, the friends we make and the friends we lose, all of this happens for a reason. What is that reason? Well, does it really matter? Sure I would love an answer, I would love it if God came down and said “Tay Tay, let me tell you WHY…” but it isn’t going to happen, and I’ll find out eventually. All that matters is that we keep running the race marked out for us, we can’t stop or back down, we just need to keep on going. Sometimes I remark that I need a break, but you don’t get those in life, you just need to pray for strength and keep on going forward.

No comments: