Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Big News

So this is not a complete post, but as I have some great news and not much time to share it here is a shorter version of a future post. Last night I was offered the position of head of FCA (fellowship of christian athletes) next year. It was a huge and unexpected honor. I love what we do in FCA and definitely want to work on marketing it more to get more people involved because it is a great ministry. I used to want to have a ministry but now I realize that no ministry belongs to us, it is God's ministry entrusted to those He hand picks. I feel undeserving of this great honor but will pray about it and I can't wait to get started doing the Lord's work. So often life gets crazy and we lose sight of what we are here for; I may not know what I want to do with my life but I do know that serving God is what really matters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tyler

This is awesome news and I am so happy that you will have the opportunity to serve the Lord in this way. You said it so well in your post,, “no ministry belongs to us, it is God's ministry entrusted to those He hand picks.” and this makes me reflect on two of your previous posts below, the first is your prayer as you headed off to Holy Cross that more than anything else that you wanted it to be said that you followed the Lord, and the when you referenced Isaiah, because when we do open ourselves to hear God’s Call, we need to be willing to respond and accept it.

Love Dad



I don’t ask for fame or fortune in my life, no, instead I ask that over the next four years, and years to come, that I grow in my faith, become more like you, and walk in your footsteps. More than anything else Lord, of my life I want it to be said that I followed You, please give me the strength and wisdom to do so. Thank you Father for the gifts I have been given, it is my one desire to not put them to waste. In Jesus’ name Amen.


Isaiah 6: 8 “Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I (Isaiah) said, “Here am I. Send me!