Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Summer Begins (Finally!)


Well my last exam was Monday and after a day off I am ready to blog again. My efforts have lagged a bit, I get worked so hard at Holy Cross that expending the little mental energy in my free time to write is not very high on my priorities. That, I think, is unfortunate as blogging has been a huge part of my life and I really do miss it. Anyway, here are a few thoughts on the college experience. It was amazing yet challenging as well. As a kid I was faced with many temptations, as a young man on my own all those temptations are multiplied by 1,000,000. Added to that, I stand out as a moral oddball and it can be hard to walk the straight and narrow. While I tripped up on a few occasions God kept me close to Him and didn’t let me go. For that I am extremely grateful. My first post away from home was filled with determination but also fear. In the back of my mind was the thought “What if I do fail, what if I do fall down?” I’ve never been one to give up, but what if I fell away from God and became something I’m not? While life has changed me a bit, God has kept me the same. I’m the same old Tay Tay, I love God more than anything else, and I work hard to be just like my Father in Heaven. I’m involved in a foster care center and am looking forward to being the head of FCA. God has taken me for an incredible ride—sure there were a few stumbles along the way, but He was there every step I took.

No comments: