Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Lost in the Fog


Hey all. I realized that I haven’t written in a while; my last post implied a follow up on how my change of heart would impact my life yet I have not written a word. This is not because I have neglected my Bible study, or my prayer life. Instead it is because, perhaps for the first time, I have nothing I feel strong enough to write about. A while ago I read The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. Warren wrote about dry spells in faith; how God takes a few steps back from the spotlight in our lives and lets us alone to grow. In these times we make a choice, whether or not we will stick it out through the storms, or whether we will sink and leave God. I never thought much of those dry spells, I always figured God would be close by when I needed Him and I would always hear His voice. Now is different though. I pray, read my Bible, go to church and God still remains relatively silent. Before I would get such a stirring in my heart that I would rush to my keyboard to profess that which God had told me. Now I barely feel a beat within my soul. It’s a very bad time for this to happen as I am in the middle of organizing a Bible Study and getting it recognized on campus. All my power and ability to control this process is lost with my connection to God, all my ability to act is gone. If there is one lesson that may be learned at the moment, maybe it is that God wants me to understand that this is all His good work, that without His grace I can’t accomplish much. I’m going through this blindly, and I know that God is there I just hope He comes out of the fog and tells me what is going on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

James Chapter 4

Submit yourselves then to God, Resisit the Devil and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Humble yourself before the Lord and he will lift you up.


Hang in there, God is right at your side, trust in him.

Love Dad